Freddie will need:
- A home with no other dogs, no cats or other animals
- Any children in the family must be at least in their teen years
- Ongoing obedience training & socialisation
- Daily walks, always on lead and under firm control
- A large yard with adequate shelter, natural grass & garden areas
- Secure, dig-proof fencing and gates at least 6 foot high
- A confident owner with Malamute experience is essential
Please do not apply unless you meet all Freddie's requirements
Freddie is a friendly, easy-going dude who is quite happy to be the couch potato, although he does love his walks and playing with his ball! The poor fellow is way overweight at the moment, so to get him back to the right size he will need an owner who will commit to restricting his diet, at least until he loses another 10 kilos or so.
Freddie has some basic training, but any family that adopts him must be willing to continue his obedience training to maintain his good manners and to improve his socialisation with other dogs.
Being a typical Mally boy, Freddie loves all people but can be selective with his doggy companions. While he is generally well behaved on lead and is quite happy to greet most dogs if they display friendly body-language, he can be reactive to some dogs and can be difficult to control when he decides he wants to go somewhere. For this reason, Freddie would be best suited as the only dog in the home, and is not a dog that can be walked by children or the elderly.
Being a big boy, he will require a yard of reasonable size with natural grass and garden areas, and with adequate shelter from the sun and rain. Freddie is not available for interstate adoption, and definitely does not suit apartment living or properties with a small yard. Experience with Malamutes or other large, strong arctic breed dogs is essential.