Ishka - on hold
Ishka will require:
- Any children to be in their teens
- No pocket pets or other small animals
- A home as an only dog or may be okay with a tolerant male dog of similar size
- Daily walks, always on lead
- A reasonably large yard with grass areas for digging and an undercover area for shelter
- Fences and gates will need to be at least 6 foot high, secure and dig-proof
- Homes with arctic breed experience, preferably with Malamutes, will be given priority
Please do not apply unless you meet all Ishka's requirements
With the weather getting colder, Ishka is putting up her paw to volunteer to help keep you warm on the couch! She looooves to snuggle up with her people, even if she does put on the typical Malamute aloofness when she first meets you.
Ishka currently lives with an adult male dog that she loves to rough and tumble with, but can be selective with other dogs she meets (she is especially not fond of small canines). She also currently lives with a cat, however this is no guarantee that she would accept living with an unfamiliar cat in a new home. She is an easy girl to live with at home as long as she is allowed inside when the family is about.
Her lead manners could use a little tweaking as she likes to pull at first, but Ishka responds quickly to training with the right motivation.
This gorgeous girl needs a home with a decent sized, secure yard to run around in and a family committed to attending training to improve her social skills on lead and with other dogs. Any children must be secondary school aged, as Ishka finds little ones a bit too intimidating.
She would love a home with a male dog of similar size that was compatible with her bossiness, but would be happy as an only dog if she wasn’t by herself for long periods.
So if Ishka sounds like the perfect way to start your winter, apply today!
Ishka is not available for interstate adoption and is not suitable for apartments, homes with small yards or rural areas.