Leyla will require:
- Any children to be in their teens
- No cats, pocket pets or other animals
- Daily walks, always on lead
- A reasonably large yard with grass areas for digging and an undercover area for shelter
- Fences and gates will need to be at least 6 foot high, secure and dig-proof
- Arctic breed experience, preferably with Huskies, is essential
Please do not apply unless you meet all Leyla's requirements
Leyla is a sassy female that will keep you on your toes.
This beautiful girl loves her humans and her food! She is very easy to direct if she likes what you're offering.
She would love a new family that is understanding and respectful of her need for time and space to become comfortable. Even though she willingly gets right up in your face for a cuddle, she sometimes gets overwhelmed and hesitant, and can let out a very loud bark when you are lest expecting it!
Leyla needs someone patient with an understanding of dog behaviour and body language to bring out her best. She isn’t a fan of being restrained for vet visits or grooming (but who is?).
Leyla has previously lived with a small dog, so may possibly be suitable for a home with mini doggo friend, but there is no guarantee her good-will towards small canines would continue or that she will be friendly to other dogs. For this reason, a home as an only dog would be preferred.
Sweet Leyla is currently in a shelter environment and is rather confused about the whole situation, so she would love to find a new home.
Leyla is not suited to apartments or homes with a small yard, or for rural living. Not available for interstate adoption.