Nala is adopted!
Nala has the following requirements:
- Husky or arctic breed experience essential - Nala will be a challenge for even an experienced owner
- very secure, 6 foot high and dig proof fencing
- a reasonable sized yard with natural grass areas and adequate shelter
- no other dogs, no cats or other animals
- ongoing training and strict feeding routines
- any children to be well into their teen years
- a home that can tolerate her loud vocalisation
Please do not apply unless you meet all of Nala's requirements
This poor girl was starved, emaciated and had been passed around a number of homes that were not right for her. As a result, she was a hot mess, extremely anxious and obsessive, struggled with too much stimulation and wailed like a banshee when stressed. Due to her malnutrition and poor treatment, she was constantly hunting for food or a way to escape, and had difficulty settling down.
Thanks to the patience, understanding and hard work of her wonderful foster carers, Nala has now put on weight and can be friendly and affectionate, and is also very curious and loves exploring. She can still be anxious and wary of strangers, but she has improved massively on what we found when we first met her.
Nala will need a very patient and understanding new owner who has had experience with challenging dogs so they can work on building her confidence. She will also need a super secure yard with 6 foot high, dig proof fencing, no other pets and a willingness to follow a strict training and feeding program.
Arctic breed experience is essential, with preference given to homes that have previously owned Huskies.