Without Foster Heroes our rescue would not exist. Our Foster Heroes are the reason we are able to save so many dogs from bouncing from home to home, and those facing euthanasia at pounds across the state. As we don’t have the luxury of an animal shelter, all dogs that are surrendered to us must be fostered into homes where they can receive the love, care and training they need before they can find their forever home.
Fostering makes a real difference.
- live in or close to the Melbourne metropolitan area
- have owned an arctic breed dog before, are passionate and knowledgeable about Arctic breeds and want to do more;
- can offer a stable, calm home environment
- have a reasonable sized, secure yard with fences at least 6 foot high, natural grass areas (that you don't mind being dug up!), adequate shade and shelter
- have plenty of time to spend training, grooming and nurturing your foster dog
- are able to bring a foster dog along to events and meetings with prospective new owners
then you might be our ideal foster carer!
If you have everything our foster dogs need, then please submit our online foster application form.
To find out more about our foster process, check out how fostering works